This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installshield 5.5

1 reply to this topic

Jaya

Jaya
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:36

Hi,

I developed a setup for my project using InstallShield Professional v5.5.

The following are the present requirements for this setup.

1. At the time of installation the user is required administration rights.

2. After successfull installation, any user(without administration rights) should have access to run my application.

At the time of installation i am placing a log file in application path(i.e. c:\program fiiles\MyApplication), which will be updated when my application is running.

My problem is, when any user login and tries to run my application, it is giving error, because the user does not have rights to open or write into the log file.

Please, can any one help me in this issue.
This is very very urgent.

Thank in advance.

Jaya

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:31

I developed a setup for my project using InstallShield Professional v5.5.
This is a very old version of InstallShield, so you might encounter problems on newer operating systems, like Windows XP and Vista.

At the time of installation i am placing a log file in application path(i.e. c:\program fiiles\MyApplication), which will be updated when my application is running.
This is not ideal. Could you place this log file in the all users profile for instance?

My problem is, when any user login and tries to run my application, it is giving error, because the user does not have rights to open or write into the log file.
In your setup you could run a tool like cacls.exe to change the access permissions for that file to give everyone write access.