This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disable language selection dialog?

4 replies to this topic

Greg102

Greg102
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:03

Hi

I have setup with 2 languages and during installation I see language selection dialog.
It is good when setup is run in normal mode, but I have also my silent mode without iss file - I add parameter to my setup.

So during silent mode I don't want to see language selection dialog.
Can I hide this dialog some function in script or some parameter to setup?

Regards
Greg

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 18:19

Isn't there an L parameter to specify the language? (I haven't used IS6 for a long time, maybe that parameter was added in version 7)

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:37

Yes, you remembered correctly Stefan as there is such a parameter in IS6. Here's a copy of the help on the subject:

QUOTE (InstallShield Professional 6.3 Help Library)
/l<language ID> or -l<language ID>

Specifies the language in which the setup runs. <language ID> is a numeric language ID of the form 0xnnnn or simply nnnn. The setup runs in this language regardless of the default setup language specified in the IDE or the default language of the target system. This switch has no effect when the setup is running silently and a Lang key is set in the [Application] section of Setup.iss. Recording a response file (by running Setup.exe with the -r switch) sets the Lang key automatically; for the -l switch to affect a silent setup, this key must be deleted from Setup.iss.

user posted image

Greg102

Greg102
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:42

Thank you for answers.
Is it possible to make it in script instead of parameter?
I need to check some registry and than choose language.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 15:23

I don't see a way to do it via script since it's required for proper initialization of the IS setup.

However, you can edit the [Startup] section of Setup.ini and change it to read EnableLangDlg=N to try having InstallShield automatically make that choice for you.

For more information, check out the IS help topic "How InstallShield determines which language the setup should run in".
user posted image