This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Standalone builder and MSI 3.1

2 replies to this topic

gstock

gstock
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 16:13

I just upgraded to IS 11 premier. The upgrade worked fine. I downloaded the standalone builder, and installed that on the build machine, everything seems to run just fine.

I checked out the .ism project, changed it to use the MSI 3.1 engine, and checked it back in. I can build fine on my own machine, with the IDE. But the build machine complains that it can't find the MSI 3.1 setup exe. Of course it doesn't tell me where it is looking for it.

I'm creating a single executable setup, and it is wrapping the MSI engine into the setup.exe. I've tried using installshield's help, but I'm guessing I need to copy the 3.1 executable somewhere, like you had to do with the 3.0 executable with 10.5 when it first came out. Anyone know where I should copy it, or how to get a log file to tell me where it is looking for it?

I've copied it around to make the standalone builder to look like the IDE directory structure as well, and copied it to look like the 10.5 standalone builder directory structure, plus some other random guess copies, still no luck.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 17:30

Do you have the very latest version/hotfixes? I think a similar problem was discussed over at community.installshield.com

gstock

gstock
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 17:51

Yup, latest patches, latest downloads from the IDE. Its all up to date.