This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Update Errror 1402

2 replies to this topic

tikiidol

tikiidol
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2002 - 13:57

I am currently attempting to create a major upgrade which will be used on a windows 98 operating system. I followed the installshield example of how to do a major upgrade and went ahead and changed the product code, product guid, product version and have kept the upgrade code the same. I then went ahead and added the custom secure property. when I ran the program, the old version was uninstalled and the new installation began installing. right at the very end(about 99% done), error 1402 occurs
stating "could not write folders to key........verify you have sufficient access to that key or contact your support personel"

does anyone have any insight why I am getting this error and how to fix it?  

I am very new to installshield .......any advice or help would be appreciated. I have been working on this with no sucess

Thanks in advance

rjtonnis

rjtonnis
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2002 - 21:07

Run your msi from the command line:

msiexec /i filename.msi /l*v c:\temp\logname.txt

This creates logname.txt in c:\temp that you can look through to see what it was trying to do when it encountered the error.  The log file has a lot of information in it but you can do a search for your error and try to make sense of what caused it.

Good luck
Rob

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 April 2002 - 16:28

I guess the error number is 1406 not 1402, and you are using InstallShield Developer. In this case see the Bugs Bulletin for ISD here on InstallSite. There's an artcile about your problem, including a workaround.