This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

error 1628 uninstall Cyberlink DVD Suite

1 reply to this topic

dhent

dhent
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 20:04

I have been have been having problems to remove any residual program footprints from an old install of Cyberlink DVD Suite. It was factory installed when I was running Vista 64bit Ultimate then upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. The main problems are removing Power2Go and PowerDirector from my system. I did a manual removal of files/folders then removed all registry entries and did a registry cleaning to make sure everything was removed. Thinking I have removed everything I one day wanted to reinstall it and was getting an Error 1628 after Cyberlink was trying to remove the previous installation of Power2Go and PowerDirector which I though it was removed when I did a manual deletion. Not sure if it has something to do with residual Windows Installer files in the system? Another error I received when trying to reinstall was " Error applying transforms verify that the specified transform paths are valid. C:\DVD\PDIR\1022.mst" I have been looking online but have not found anything to really help. I am not very versed with Windows Installer or Installshield but wondering if there is a way to force install the program over the previous without uninstalling the original install. I am not extremely verse in installshield but willing to learn to fix this problem to reinstall the program without doing a factory wipe clean

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:02

Check for entries in the Windows Installer registry branch, HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<ProductCode | Product Name>

- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.