This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Properties Indicating Reboot

3 replies to this topic

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 21:01

Using Basic MSI in DevStudio 9

How does WI tell that an install needs to reboot? Does it look only at the ReplacedFilesInUse property?

I need to schedule one of two custom actions depending on whether my install needs to be rebooted. Will it be enough to condition one as "ReplacedFilesInUse" and the other as "Not ReplacedFilesInUse"?
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

NHVirtuoso

NHVirtuoso
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 22:34

Hello,

There is a property in Windows Installer called REBOOT, whose value can help you evaluate whether or not to kick off either custom action.

http://msdn.microsof...etup/reboot.asp

Cheers,
~~~
Bryan Garretson
DesktopStandard Corp.
BGarretson@desktopstandard.com

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 13:52

My understanding of the REBOOT property is that it tells the installer whether or not to suppress a reboot if it is needed, but it doesn't help you determine whether a reboot is needed. Am I understanding that wrong?

What I need to know is how to tell if a reboot is needed - that is, how does the installer know to show the "do you want to reboot" screen instead of the "install completed" screen.

Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

DeanNapper

DeanNapper
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 16:52

I too am looking for a solution. I was supplied this:

http://support.insta...ticleid=Q105762

But what I need to do is test a property in a UI control condition (I don't want to display the 'Launch Application' checkbox at the end of the install if a reboot is required).

Where would be the best place to call this script so that it could set a property using MsiSetProperty() which I can test later?