This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Dialog in 5.0

3 replies to this topic

TimI

TimI
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2001 - 23:41

I have a custom dialog included in _isusr.dll, _isusr is listed as  file in Setup Files\English\Windows 95 & NT, and EzDialogDefine works, but WaitOnDialog fails (-1).

In the temp directory, there is a .dll with the right date/time for my _isusr.dll.

Having worked with IS 3.1 and IS for Windows Installer, I have not had a chance to figure out the quirks in 5.0. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

TimI

TimI
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 00:05

OK, so if I use "DLG_SELECT_REGION" for  the szID parameter it doesn't work, but if I use the numeric ID it does. What sort of value are you supposed to be able to put into szID?

SkipSailors

SkipSailors
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 15:17

Maybe no good input.  But.  I have similar problems when I don't have a good .def file generated for the .dll.  Good according to IS.

To get my own dialogs hooked up, I usually write a C++ box, export an API by name, export the API by name in the .def, then prototype the API in setup.rul.  Thus avoiding EZDialog altogether.

I have seen failures like you describe when I foget to prototype the API or export the API by name.

HTH

TimI

TimI
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2001 - 16:40

I don't believe a .def file is the problem in this case as I'm just using the resource out of the dll, and no code. I'm using the IS files to build _isusr.dll which doesn't create a .def file.