This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Bitmap file path

2 replies to this topic

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 15:45

Hi, ISWI behvaes strangely when I want to specify a string ID as the dialog's bitmap file. My problem is this:

Some dialogs have a bitmap on the left-hand side. I want to replace this bitmap with my own. So I add a new string ID called "BITMAP_PATH" that holds the file path to the bitmap: BITMAP_PATH="d:\setup\mybmp.bmp".

Now I want ALL relevant dialogs to use this string ID as their bitmap's file path, so that if I have to change this path tomorrow, I will only have to modify the path in one place (the string table).

So I browse all dialogs and look for those with the left-hand side bitmap. I click on the FileName property of the bitmap and  choose "string table", then "browse" and then the "BITMAP_PATH" string ID. I click Select and then OK. The file path appears in the "FileName" property.

NOW: I *leave* the dialog and do something else. I go BACK to the dialog and the FileName property returns to what it was before. Also, sometimes the FileName property is OK, but whe I click on it to modify it, I see it has returned to be a "file system" property, and not a "string table" one.

What's going on?

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 16:03

This is a bug introduced with 2.0x.  InstallShield "fixed" an even worse earlier bug, but clearly did not test it.

A  work around.  When I change a bitmap I change one of the other settings in the table then change it back.  This sets the update flag and you bitmap change is also saved.

DeusApprime

DeusApprime
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 November 2001 - 07:18

Hi and thanks - it did solve the problem, but I've noticed that ISWI just copies the value from the string table into the property. So if I later want to change the bitmap file, I have to change it again in all dialogs. There's no aatvantage in using a string ID instead of a "file system" path, right?