This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

"newfolder1" subfolder created in Programs Menu

1 reply to this topic

ragi

ragi
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 10:31

I want to add a folder "myproductname" to the program menu folder, which contains several shortcuts to executables of my application.

The setup was created in IS Pro 6 a few years ago. Now we converted it to DevStudio 9 for a new release.

When installing my product, always a folder "newfolder1" is created in the program menu, although - in the shortcuts view - the folder has a correct display name and description.

I found out in direct editor, that there is an entry in the directories table called "newfolder1", but the ISDescription and ISFoldername row contain the name of my product. Even changing "newfolder1" to my product name in this table didn't solve the problem.

In the script, all lines with SHELL_OBJECTS_FOLDER are removed. A call to SdSelectFolder was removed after converting to DevStudio9. There is no call to CreateProgramFolder in the script...

Where is my error? Any ideas?

Rainer

ragi

ragi
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 12:19

I found the solution after a few hours on my own:

My setup supported two languages: english (default) and german. All changes I made in the installshield UI, where written to the english string table. The installation only supported german as language, and so the german string table was used during installation. I changed the folder name in the german string table, and now it works!
Rainer