This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditions on features

3 replies to this topic

mallen

mallen
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 14:11

I know this topic seems to have been repeated a few times but none of the responses seem to work for me, so thought I would give you my problem and see if anyone can help.

We have one installshield for multiple customers and the idea is that on a custom made dialog the user will enter their customer id. The id is then held in a property called USERNAME. Then I wish to install particular features dependant on their USERNAME. I do not wish to display the custom setup dialog but I do need directories to be calculated.

For example I have a customer called X and I want him to have features A and B but I also have customer Y and I only want him to have features C and D. So I've set the installlevel property to 150 and then added a condition but because of the Cost Finalize action this doens't work. If I move the Install Welcome to before the Cost Finalize it doesn't calculate directories correctly.

I've tried also using MSISetfeatureLevel but this got stuck in a never ending loop.

Is there any solution to this or am I just wasting my time?

Please Help

Michelle sad.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 08:10

You have two options:

Place the customer information dialog (only this one) before CostFinalize. Insert the other dialogs after CostFinalize. I.e. you have to split up the dialog sequence into two parts. The disadvantage is that users cannot use the Back button to go back to the customer information dialog, because it's not in the same dialog sequence.

Don't use install levels for this. Instead call AddLocal and Remove control events to select/deselect features. Note that this will not make the deselected features invisible, so you don't want to display the feature selection dialog.

Remark: you'll also need a way to handle this for silent installs, i.e. no dialogs will be shown and the user interface sequence will be skipped.

mallen

mallen
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 15:01

Hi Stefan

The AddLocal and Remove control events sounds like a possible option but I really don't know how you would go about setting these. Could you give me a clearer idea.

I'm fairly new to installshield and just trying to fumble my way through.

Thanks

Michelle

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 15:58

You would add them on the events tab of the behaviour of the "Next" push button.