This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to use list box controls in Custom Dialogs

3 replies to this topic

mdoggett

mdoggett
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 14:23

Can someone plase explain how I can load up some items into a list box contorl in ISD7 through a custom dialog. Then make the list box contorl multi selectable with scroll bar on the right.

Thanks

afisk2

afisk2
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 01:48

This is not the precise problem I'm having, but it's related.  I am having a really hard time doing the same thing for edit fields.  I am trying to use the CtrlSetMLEText method (you should be able to use CtrlSetText, I think) on the DLG_INIT event, first using ListCreate(STRINGLIST) and ListReadFromFile.  This all should work, but for some reason CtrlSetMLEText returns an error.

Of course, you should just be able to set the text in the dialog editor, but that just doesn't work at all for me.  The above method should work if the API were correct, though, so it may work for you.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to get this working across all custom dialog controls, or these specifically?  

afisk2

afisk2
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 02:13

Well, I just figured out my problem -- I had the multiline edit field set to false instead of true.  I'm not sure what this has to do with being able to set the text, but it definitely worked.  Maybe fiddle with the property settings??

rgujjula

rgujjula
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2001 - 00:43

Similar issue.
I need to create a custom dialog which has a List control in it. (just like 'SdOutOfDiskSpace').
Do I need to create C++ DLL or can I do it in InstallShield itself. If it can be done in InstallShield itself, please explain how to add columns to the List control and how to fill the data in different rows and columns.