This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setup failed to run installation (0x80040707) Help

1 reply to this topic

marionffavp

marionffavp
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 18:09

I have Windows XP, Wireless connection on a laptop. I keep on having the following error while trying to install an old version of CNC Worshop.
Setup failed to run installation (0x80040707). I have tried to do what driver7 suggested and had no luck. When I did that, I did not have the ability to read the licence agreement. As well as not being able to move away from installing the Microsoft VM. Each time I restarted, the installation CD started with the error message internal error: 0x80040707. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Justray

Justray
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 20:12

I also had problems with the error: 0x80040707 function DLL: ISRT. _DoSprintf, but with the program WinDVD Platinum Creator 2.

the solution is very simple (at least for me was)… if the program that one installs does not support another language, that is that only support English, in your REGIONAL and LANGUAGE OPTIONS in the Control Panel, you must change settings to the language of the program that you are going to install.

for example: if you have a Japanese computer and you are going to install a software bought in the USA your settings must of being in ENGLISH and not in JAPANESE. P.D you normal change back and the software just installed will work just fine.
user posted image