This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error -1501 - any ideas?

2 replies to this topic

andychiles

andychiles
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:19

Hi,

Can anyone help with a strange error I'm getting when I try to build a release? The error from the logs is as below (with apologies for the text in angle brackets - customer confidentiality required here!):

Building CAB files...
ISDEV : fatal error -1501: Could not compress "C:\DOCUME~1\<user>\Local
Settings\Temp\ISC1FD3.tmp\mfc70.dll" into "D:\ISProjects\Copy of
<project>\<project>\Release\DiskImages\DISK1\Data1.cab"

The help text re error -1501 says:
Could not compress "%1" into "%2". Ensure that IsCmdBld.exe is executed in the relative directory. You can do this by locating the files specified in the error message and launching IsCmdBld.exe within their directory.

The strange thing is that I built this project fine last week, so I can't understand why it won't build now. I can only assume some external factor is at fault here. And must admit, I'm not sure what the help text is telling me!

I've checked the disk space and that seems fine. The only odd thing I can see is that the "Documents and Settings" folder is shown with its short name in the error message when other folders aren't.

I'd be most grateful for any help or ideas!

BTW, I'm using InstallShield Pro 2008.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 15:23

Did you check whether mfc70.dll is actually present in that temp folder?

andychiles

andychiles
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 17:22

Hi Stefan,

I must admit, I was a bit puzzled by the location of this dll. On checking the Temp folders, ISC1FD3.tmp (it's a different ISCxxxx value every time) doesn't exist at all. And it's not where this dll is supposed to be! I can only assume that this is where InstallShield stores files temporarily after signing them (an assumption mainly based on the "ISC" part of the name!).

However, the problem has now gone away! All I did was log off from the PC I'm building this on. And can only assume that something (I've no idea what!) was holding a file/folder open, and that prevented correct operation. But, for whatever reason, the project builds fine now.

No wonder I get confused when strange things like this happen! unsure.gif

But thanks anyway for taking the time to answer.

Regards,

Andy