This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

About add operating system

3 replies to this topic

elufar

elufar
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 03:58

Hi all:

I use IS 6.22 in  Win2k, and I want include OS XP to my install, but when I choose Project->setting->operating system I can't have a XP to include.

How to include XP to my install ?
Or I must change my Win2k to WinXP ??

Thanks a lot.

EberhardH

EberhardH
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 06:33

I'm not quite sure if IS 6.2 supports Win XP because it was released in summer 2000. Afterwards, there were 2 maintenance packs: 6.21 and 6.22, but I didn't find a hint they would include Win XP support. (Compare it to the fact that IS 6.1 was the first version to support Win Me)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 11:25

Setups created with your version should work with XP, however you can't easily do any XP specific things (install files that are only for XP etc.) XP should be identified as Win2000 I think.
CP support was added in version 6.31 which existing 6.2x customers can download free of charge.

Hicham

Hicham
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 20:56

Installshield v7.0 support Windows XP ( both Prof and HE ).
However if you are trying to do something specific with Filegroup property using IS 6.2, use :
GetSystemInfo (WINMAJOR, nvResult, svResult)
Windows 2000 will have a value :5.0
while Windows XP prof will have a value :5.1
and Windows.NET (RC1 released last July ) will return a value
of :5.2
I used this workaround myself to test an application, but I had to copy the filegroups of both Win2K and WinXP to the target system .
I hope this might give you a hint . Good Luck
:)