This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Command Line Compile

3 replies to this topic

WJSavoye

WJSavoye
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 November 2001 - 00:25

HI, In InstallShield 6.x  I could compile my script on the command line like this

Compile <script_file>  <switches> etc...

With the switches I tell the script to behave as an Upgrade setup or a Demo setup etc.
Example
<switches> = /dUPGRADE=1 /dDEMO=0

Can I still do this in ISDev 7.0? I don't see a command line compiler described in the help.
Thanks
W. John Savoye

Art Middlekauff

Art Middlekauff
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 November 2001 - 23:38

The same compiler switches that you used in Pro 6 will work with Developer 7.  Please be aware that by default, IsCmdBld.exe compiles your script and builds the setup.  If you want to run compile.exe and IsCmdBld.exe as separate steps, use the /n option of IsCmdBld.exe which instructs it NOT to compile setup.rul.

WJSavoye

WJSavoye
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 00:07

Thanks Art. I'll give it a try.

Is this info documented? I couldn't find it, but I always have trouble finding info.

W John Savoye

johndunk

johndunk
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2002 - 15:22

It is documented, fortunately.  Look under "Building a Setup from the Command Line".

However, you no longer can automatically copy the resulting release to a production directory.  In other words, ISDev7 has the concept of "Distributions", but there is no way to run a Distribution from the command-line.  Or rather, there is no documented way.