This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield6.2 and Windows Vista

2 replies to this topic

Galina

Galina
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 16:45

Hi,

Which versions of installShield are supported by Windows Vista?

My company has all their installations in InstallShield 6.2 Will it be OK for Windows Vista or I have to overwrite it to InstallShield 12.

Thanks,
Galina

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 17:43

Microsoft took efforts to make sure that older installations will work properly on Vista. So basically your setup created with IS Pro 6.x should work on Vista - of course you can't use any of the new Vista features.
You should be careful with your script code, e.g. if you check for OS versions or serice pack levels. There may also be problems with redistributable packages/Objects that might not work properly on Vista, e.g. trying to replace protected system files.

However InstallShield 12 is the only version that officially supports Vista, and Pro 6 is officially "dead". So if anything breaks, you're on your own.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:20

Good points Stefan and also a nice summary that I shall work on adding to the FAQ.

Also, FYI, this same question was also previously covered here.

Edited by Taco Bell, 31 January 2007 - 16:15.

user posted image