This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Last Character Truncation

2 replies to this topic

pduncan

pduncan
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 16:21

Hello, I wonder if anybody can help me...

I am running IS 6.22 and have an odd intermittent problem - occasionally, during an installation the last character of all my string table entries gets truncated.  ie - the screen shows that I am installing "My Applicatio" instead of "My Application".

I have played with the length of strings and this has no effect.

Once this error crops up, it stays for future installations unless I delete the /engine folder under /Program Files/Common Files/Install Shield, which suggests to me that the InstallShield engine is actually becoming corrupt.

Any ideas?

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 17:33

I personally never ran into that problem when using 6.22.  However, I believe the upgrade to 6.31 is free for you.  You may just want to upgrade and be done with it there.
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 17:35

I personally never ran into that problem when using 6.22.  However, I believe the upgrade to 6.31 is free for you.  You may just want to upgrade and be done with it there.
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)