This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Require .NET 4.6.2

Best Answer Stefan Krueger , 13 September 2017 - 12:18

Unfortunately there are no .NET 4.6.2 prerequisites or conditions in InstallShield 2016. If you have the Professional or Premier edition, you could create your own prerequisite using the Prerequsite editor. I'd suggest using the 4.6.1. PRQ as a template. This knowledge abse article should help detecting the installed version: https://flexeracommu...a-user-s-system

Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic

installer96

installer96
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 19:31

One year and an IS service pack since .NET 4.6.2 was released, but there's still no way to require it in an installation?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:18   Best Answer

Unfortunately there are no .NET 4.6.2 prerequisites or conditions in InstallShield 2016. If you have the Professional or Premier edition, you could create your own prerequisite using the Prerequsite editor. I'd suggest using the 4.6.1. PRQ as a template. This knowledge abse article should help detecting the installed version: https://flexeracommu...a-user-s-system

installer96

installer96
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 14:31

As I understand, you can't actually install .NET with an .msi installer. Correct me if I'm wrong. So since we distribute .msi installers, I don't want it to actually install .NET, I just want it to detect if it is installed and abort if not. Is a PRQ or some other InstallShield function capable of doing that? Or should I just write some InstallScript to use the registry to detect the .NET installation?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 17:16

I think it depends on the .NET version and the Windows version. But if I recall correctly, the prerequisite will take care of this.

If you just wnat to check for .NET then instead add an install condition (which you will also have to adjust for 4.6.2)