This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setting a property during a Major Upgrade

4 replies to this topic

InstallDev

InstallDev
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:45

Hi all,

I want to do a major upgrade to my product. When the uninstallation of my older product through the removeRelatedProduct action, Is it possible to set a property for the old product installation. I need to do that sothat I trigger a custom action that is conditioned on that property.THis is so important......

Thank you all

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 03:51

When a setup is being silently uninstalled as part of a major upgrade there is a special windows installer property called UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE that is set. You can use this property to condition a custom action to run only during major upgrades.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

InstallDev

InstallDev
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 14:42

Hi,

Thank you. That is so good. But what if the old installation is already released. Is there is any way to set another property in the old installaion through RemoveRelatedProduct action.

Thank you

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:28

The UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE property is a built-in windows installer property. It is set whenever the FindRelatedProducts and RemoveExistingProducts actions find something to remove. What property are you trying to set, and what are you trying to do?
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:15

No, I don't think you can set any custom property for the uninstall of the old version during a Major Upgrade.
You could instead uninstall using a custom action calling msiexec.exe, but that would only work during the UI sequence, i.e. not in a silent upgrade scenario.