This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Finding out whether a component is installed

2 replies to this topic

kvsasi

kvsasi
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 20:59

I need to find out whether a specific component has been installed previously. I need this information so that I can pop up a message to the user. The ComponentGetData method allows me to know whether the component has been selected but that doesn't help me.

How can I acheive this?

Thanks in advance for any pointers

Sasi

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 21:10

Well, during an install you can always check "ComponentIsItemSelected (MEDIA, "nameOfComponent");"
If TRUE then the item is either installed or going to be installed, depending on where you check it.

Or, if I'm running a patch I just check for the presence of a file.  If you have properietary files that would have been put down with the component use "if (Is(FILE_EXISTS, TARGETDIR + "\\YourFile.dll")) = TRUE then"

HTH
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 20 November 2002 - 00:14

For future reference, I save off the component selections in the registry, so I can re-read them during an update/re-install and take the appropriate actions.
user posted image