This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Verify input information

2 replies to this topic

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 August 2001 - 15:35

Hi all,
I have a dialod with two fields, in which a user should type an user name and password. I have a custom action to verify this information. If it is not correct I want to give a user the possibility to reenter this information. I want to pops up some message like "Your information is incorrect, please reenter it" . I mean I want to stay in this dialog until the user enter correct information. How can I do that? Any suggestions would be great appreciate. Thanks,

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 29 August 2001 - 16:11

Your next button will have events like
DoAction  Validate  1
SpawnDialog AdviseUser  ValidateResult<>"GOOD"
EndDialog  Exit MyAbort

Your Dialog AdviseUser will have a close/OK/whatever button with the event
EndDialog Return 1

And an optional abort/cancel button with events
[MyAbort] "YES" 1
EndDialog  Return  1

It is not possible to exit the install directly from a nested  dialog so It is necessary to create a property to indicate that is what you intended.

I do not normally bother with an abort,  The user can cancel from the original dialog after dismissing the error informaion dialog if that is what he or she wishes.

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 August 2001 - 21:52

Thanks, Ian.
I have done something similar.  I have set a new property VALIDATERESULT as "GOOD" if it's fine, or 'BAD" othewise in my custom action which verify user information. I have created VBScript  custom action to show an error message with button OK conditionaly of this property.  Now user can't continue until he enters right information.