This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Empty MSI tables getting dropped in IS12

2 replies to this topic

ds1068nm

ds1068nm
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:01

I noticed when I look with Orca that InstallShield 12 seems to drop all empty MSI tables when building a project. Unfortunately, this causes problems when I try to apply a QuickPatch I have from earlier versions of my application. The PatchPackages table in particular has to be present to avoid an installer error.

I found that there is a bug listing for this with MSI Database projects, but the same problem seems to apply for Basic MSI projects.
BUG: Tables Are Missing from New MSI Database Projects

Does anybody know if there is a way to ensure that either a particular table or all the tables that are visible in the Direct Editor get included in the final MSI, even if they are empty? The workaround listed in the bug report doesn't seem to work like they say, or at least not for Basic MSI projects.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:04

InstallShield 12 seems to drop all empty MSI tables when building a project
Yes, that's true. There's an xml configuraton file that you can edit to avoid this, see
http://community.mac...ad.php?t=161797

ds1068nm

ds1068nm
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 21:26

Stefan,

Your suggestion worked perfectly. I added a line to the settings.xml file like this:
<PatchPackage MSI="Keep" MSM="Keep" />

Now when I build my projects, there is an empty PatchPackage table there and that allows the QuickPatch I have to install correctly, without the error 1305 I was getting.

Thank you so much for your help!