This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ISRT.dll can not be installed

3 replies to this topic

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 23:10

I had a similar problem on earlier post when I wast trying to run my IS 6.3 Install on a Vista machine to see if they still ran. (Had to modify registry commands as environment variables were not set), else it installed fine.

We are testing this script on a Win XP SP2 machine and getting this error again:

An Installation support file "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\{71701EEB-5157-4F53-A297-74271C70BFE}\isrt.dll" could not be installed.

Access is denied.

So once again, what are some possible causes? The tester doing the install has been running this setup for several weeks with no problems - until today. The Install evidently did not run as the data files were not cnverted for our installed software.

I have searched several sites and some deal with trying to uninstall. This is not my case, as we are trying to install. Not sure why the message. This tester has do retesting many times (involves copying and old version of our software abd then running again). Hard to imagine having to take the time to do this set as not allowing Install to be finished from previous install (One possible cause could be a sharing violation if trying to run another install before the first one is finished). This is not our case.
Any comments appreciated.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 01:35

That particular directory can get polluted over time, so to try and resolve that problem, I would empty the Windows\Temp directory (in turn confirming the user permissions), reboot, and try running the setup again.

If the issues persists, then I would check the file's locked status.
user posted image

Blackdog

Blackdog
  • Full Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 17:24

Thanks for the information. Our testing dept doesn't like to be told that 'things can happen' as they report any and all failures or messages and demand they never happen again before passing the project. Therefore as much information as I can get on the topic is much appreciated as I have to build evidence to overcome their objections. Since it has not happened earlier, but just now, we will follow your advice and hopefully see that it is indeed a very sporatic event caused by what you describe and I'm sure experienced. Thanks again for your information.

ps. How do you check the locked status?
Is this file loaded as part of the InstallShield setup.exe program and if deleted, will always be produced with the next Install run?

Edited by Blackdog, 12 February 2007 - 17:25.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:38

Well there are many utilities to give additional information on a file's locked status, but the easist way to check is to simply try renaming or deleting the file. If this cannot be done, then the file in question is locked.

Also, the isrt.dll is a part of the setup's InstallShield Engine and this temporary copy will be reproduced each time it's ran.
user posted image