This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

New Projects don't build to the right directories

Best Answer garyflet , 17 September 2018 - 22:26

Nevermind, I see that all I need to do is add the subdirectory at Releases->Media->Release 1->Release Location. Go to the full post

1 reply to this topic

garyflet

garyflet
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 22:10

Hi Y'all, I've been using InstallShield 2011 for some time now. I would title a project "setup64.ism" and when I built it, it would start with the same directory that setup64.ism is in, and create a directory "setup64\Product Configuration 1\Release 1\Disk Image\DISK1\setup64.exe. Now I've created two new projects with slightly longer names "setupPrlIO32.ism" and "setupPrlIO64.ism", but when I do a build there is no "setupprlIO32" directory created. It creates "Product Configuration 1" and subdirectories. However, I need setupprlIO32.ism to build a setupprlIO32 directory in the same directory as the ism file and the same for setupprlIO64.ism.

I see under Media/Path Variables that ISPROJECTDIR and IsProjectDataFolder have the name of the project listed as a subdirectory for my older project files such as "Setup64.ism", but the name of the project is NOT listed as a subdirectory for the new projects. However, I can't edit the variables: it says "predefined". Do I have to start a new project, make sure the name of the project is listed as a subdirectory, and transfer the contents of my setupprlIO32 project to it (and same for 64 bit)? Is there an easier way?

Thanks,
Gary

garyflet

garyflet
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 22:26   Best Answer

Nevermind, I see that all I need to do is add the subdirectory at Releases->Media->Release 1->Release Location.