This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installation not complete. Failed to create Transf

3 replies to this topic

carl

carl
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 18:17

Hello to all,
i 've just started the creation of an MST file for the application Mindmanager X5Pro. In the Installshield Tool Tuner I'm choosing the harddisk drive with the original msi and choose the function "Response a transform" The first Installation screen of the application is visible and after this the picture to enter the Licence_nummer comes up. After I enter the Nr. i get the following Message:
Installation not complete. Failed to create transform. then I press OK and the next windows shows this information: No MSI Database currently opened.

Any Ideas what could solve this problem?

thanks and regards
Carl

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 00:13

Maybe the serial number is invalid and therefore the install aborts?

carl

carl
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:53

Hello, if i install the software manually (with the current Licence-Number) nothing go wrong. I have the problem only while the creation of an MST-File (the same if i not enter the licence Nr.) . Is this a problem wihtin Installshield 11.5, tuner?

Regards
carsten

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 18:13

Maybe, hard to tell.
Maybe create your transform manually?
Or why don't you run the setup in silent mode in the first place, passing in the serial number on the command line?