This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Source Location Property...

5 replies to this topic

vt

vt
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2001 - 09:51

Hello...

I'm using IPWI 2.03 to make and installer...

I need to put some files on the release disk (a CD_ROM) on a specific directory called MEDIA (no compression).
 If I don't write anything on the Source Location Property when I build the installer the files apears on a folder called MyCompany/MyProgram/Media...
 If I write '[SOURCEDIR]\MEDIA' on the Source Location property when I build the installer the files appears when I want, on a folder called Media, but when I run the installer appears a message box with the error that it can't find the file on MyCompany/MyProgram/Media... and I have to cancel the installation... Any sugestions???

Thanks....

gowen

gowen
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2001 - 10:57

It has been a while since I had this problem so I can't give you a definitive answer, but here are some things to try.

1. In Organize Your Setup/Features set the Destination for your Media Feature to [SOURCEDIR].

Assuming that you don't want to copy the media files as to the hard disk during installation:
2. Set Install Level to 200 (Or greater than the INSTALLLEVEL property.
3. Set Display to Not Visible.

cross

cross
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 16:23

I've used this and it works:  SRCDISK ^ Media

gowen

gowen
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 16:32

Doesn't SRCDISK ^ Media only work inside InstallScript?

cross

cross
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 19:33

Yes. You can only use SRCDISK in IS.  I guess I misunderstood the question.