This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 401

1 reply to this topic

tzgrey

tzgrey
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 21:09

I'm getting an error 401 which states: "String variable is not large enough for the string.  Check the string declarations - Error 401"

I haven't made any changes to my script since the installation last worked without this error.  The reason for my rebuild was to repackage some new build files.  So, I'm not sure what would have caused this error, nor am I sure how to fix it.  I looked at the help, but I'm unsure of what to modify since I hadn't made any changes in the first place when this error occurred.

Has anybody seen this error before, and if so what was the cause and how can it be fixed?

Thanks!

tzgrey

tzgrey
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 22:06

After verifying that the string lengths in my script were not being explicitly set (i.e. InstallShield automatically sets them as needed), I gave up and went home for the night.  The next day, this mysterious 401 error which originally showed up randomly had disappeared.  Even after rebuilds, I no longer have this problem.  So, this appears to be an error which shows up for more reasons than just string length.  

If anybody else has anything to add, feel free. Otherwise, I'm all set.