This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

.NET 4.5 nested installation

Best Answer integer , 27 May 2013 - 19:48

The solution is to first extract the contents of the .NET 4.5 installer executable using the command:

dotnetfx45_full_x86_x64.exe /x <Output directory>

Then I can use a Custom Action in my UI sequence to invoke the .MSI version of the .NET installer (without it's setup.exe wrapper!)

msiexec.exe /i netfx_Full_x64.msi EXTUI=1 /l*v “Install.log”

Go to the full post

1 reply to this topic

integer

integer
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 20:37

My installer needs to redistribute the .NET framework, but I don't want to have a setup.exe wrapper so I've written a Custom Action to launch the web installer for .NET if the end-users machine does not already have it. This works perfectly fine with .NET 4.0 and .NET 3.5 but for .NET 4.5 the .NET installer reports "waiting for another install to complete" and fails - this error msg would be correct if my Custom Action was in the Exec sequence, but I specifically placed it very early in the UI sequence to allow for a nested installation.

The exact same InstallShield configuration/code works fine with .NET 3.5 and .NET 4.0 but fails with .NET 4.5, I'm using the standard web installer from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=30653

Does anyone know of any solution or workaround to this problem ?

Here's the code for my Custom Action:

if ( hasDotNET45 = FALSE ) then
                        MessageBox( "Missing .NET 4.5 framework!", INFORMATION );
                        LAAW_SHELLEXECUTEVERB = "runas";
                        LaunchApplication( szSupportDir^"\\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe", "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, 100000, LAAW_OPTION_USE_SHELLEXECUTE | LAAW_OPTION_WAIT_INCL_CHILD );
                        Delay( 333 );
            endif;

integer

integer
  • Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 19:48   Best Answer

The solution is to first extract the contents of the .NET 4.5 installer executable using the command:

dotnetfx45_full_x86_x64.exe /x <Output directory>

Then I can use a Custom Action in my UI sequence to invoke the .MSI version of the .NET installer (without it's setup.exe wrapper!)

msiexec.exe /i netfx_Full_x64.msi EXTUI=1 /l*v “Install.log”