This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstallation not fully done

3 replies to this topic

SwatiBansal

SwatiBansal
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 07:43

Hi,
I have a Basic MSI Project. I have several deferred Custom Actions in it. And a lot of files are copied over network in these custom actions.

To remove all these files I have again created a Custom Action which is called while uninstallation.

If I am uninstalling my MSI by running the MSI again, then everything works fine. But if I try to remove my product from Add/Remove Programs then it leaves all the files behind. What can I do to solve this. How can I make sure that the behaviour is same in both cases, whether it is uninstalled from Add/Remove Programs or by running the MSI again.

Thanx in advance for all help. Please help.

Swati

Edited by SwatiBansal, 03 March 2006 - 07:45.

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:20

http://forum.install...=uninstall from

SwatiBansal

SwatiBansal
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 09:48

Hi,
Thanx for the reply.

But I dont want a full UI uninstallation from Add/Remove programs. I am ok with the way the uninstallation is done. The problem is that it is not uninstalling the files and deleting them from the INSTALLDIR. I want to know that how can this be made sure that the files are also removed whn uninstalled from Add/Remove programs.

What is the reason that files are not getting deleted when uninstalled from Add/Remove programs. How can I make sure that all files are deleted.

Swati

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 14:34

Generate a verbose log file to diagnose the problem. I guess there's a custom action in your UI sequence that sets INSTALLDIR. As a result the directory is not set correctly when your uninstall runs in basic ui mode.