This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

LaunchAppAndWait Fails in IS/MSI project ver11.5

1 reply to this topic

bijuishere

bijuishere
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 21:28

Hi,

I have to run an exe that will will install the drivers for USB device. In the OnInstallFilesActionAfter event I am calling the exe using the code below
BDDriverDirectory = "c:" ^ "USB to Serial Drivers";
nResult = LaunchAppAndWait(BDDriverDirectory ^ "hidcominst.exe","-I " + BDDriverDirectory ^ "hidcominst.inf", WAIT);
It does not install the driver.

I tried the same code in an installscript 11.5 project. It does not work there too.

But on a installscript X project this code works fine and installs the driver. Is this a 11.5 bug. we just upgarded 2 weeks before.

Is this a bug?

Thanx in Advance --B

bijuishere

bijuishere
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 00:53

I continued to research this and I see that when I call this batchfile using LaunchAppAndWait in OnBegin(), it works just fine. But if I try to call it from any other event it does not. The batch file actully copies files into the C:\winnt\system32\drivers & C:\winnt\system32\inf folders and that is all it does. Is it anything to do with the permissions that the windows installer engine has? Or is it that this installscript function does not work well in an IS/MSI project? Please help.

--B