This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dialog location in installscript proj vs msi proj?

2 replies to this topic

overlordchin

overlordchin
  • Full Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 15:48

So I have 2 installers. In one an msi project in IS 2009 if I move the dialog box for the installer and click next the new dialog automatically opens in place of the original in the same physical location on the screen.

If I do the same behavior with the install script project it will open the new dialog dead center in the screen. I want the install script project to behave like the msi one when I progress through the installer. Does anyone know how to go about doing this?

I posted this same question on the flexera support forums but I have not had a lot of luck with getting a response of any sort there to any of my posts. Hoping to have better luck here.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 18:52

I see the same problem in IS 2011. I don't recall exactly how it worked in earlier versions, but I don't think that this behaviour is configurable.

overlordchin

overlordchin
  • Full Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 20:32

I know you can manually set the location of a window when it opens. But I am not sure how to get the location of the current window. Seems like if ALL the dialogs were custom the behavior would be do-able but since some are built in, I have no idea where to even try to configure this behavior.

You might be right in that you just can't do it.