This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1207 & Setup fails

5 replies to this topic

Baas

Baas
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2001 - 07:29

I created a setup with ISWI 2.03 under W2k (SP1), compiled into a single SETUP.EXE.

When trying to run that setup on the W2k-machine, on W98 or ME, the system reports the error 1207 (WI-version is reported as 1.11.1314.0), following that the setup cancels telling me that the WI-setup-package was not valid.

IS is just frustrating for me: with 6.x I always had the famous DosExec-error, now I switched to ISWI which looks like a very nice product - but my setup is still not working :-(

Any ideas anybody?

AndrewWalker

AndrewWalker
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 March 2001 - 17:51

I can't find an error 1207 in the SDK documentation.  However, from your description, you may wish to try rebuilding the setup.  You may also wish to not package it all into one Setup.exe.  For compression, I'd recommend that you select "Custom" while going through the Release wizard, and then make sure all of your features are selected for compression.  You should still end up with a setup.exe, but your MSI file should be separate.

Feel free to email me if your problems continue.

AndrewWalker

AndrewWalker
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 March 2001 - 17:59

Okay, a little more research:  Your MSIExec.exe on these machines probably need to be upgraded.

IgorS

IgorS
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 June 2001 - 12:52

I have the same error : "1207:, Windows Installer 1.11.1314.0 version found. This is an older version ... ".
But Installation is not failes.
I work with ISWI 2.03, Windows 2000, SP1.
I want to remove this message.
I added "Support installation of Windows Installer" option my installation release.
After this "instmsiw.exe" file was added to my DiskImage. But it didn't help.
I even opened instmsiw.exe file with WinZip. There was msiexec with 1.20.1827.0 version.
After this I tried to execute instmsi.msi. I received the error message like "Cannot overwrite msiexec.exe file. This file is protected by Windows".

How can I upgrade Windows Installer ?

Thanks, in advance.

Kelly Russell

Kelly Russell
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 18:26

IgorS...you are in luck,

I was getting this error a while back and it drove me up a wall. Anyway, apparently W2K ships with a earlier version of  windows installer. Anyway, this message had no effect on my setup...it was just a warning...and it turns out it is really easy to get rid of...

From within the IDE...select "Prepare for distribution" and then "Releases" and then select your release and at the bottom of the properties there is a property "Suppress Launcher Warning" just switch that to "Yes" and rebuild.

Piece of cake... :)

Hope this helps.

IgorS

IgorS
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 June 2001 - 06:35

Kelly Russell, thank you very much.
It works now.