This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Scripts and features

3 replies to this topic

TooFastTim

TooFastTim
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 22:26

Hi all

Please forgive me 'cause I'm a newb and have a once off project to do. I'm using installshield 11.5 premier and have managed to massage the scripts until they're doing what I want them to do which in my case is force the user to make a decision. I have also created several features in the files must be copied and registry keys written. Now I need the script to install the appropriate feature depending on the decision that the user makes. So is it possible to install a feature from the script?

I hope I've been sufficiently articulate.

Thanx

Tim

TooFastTim

TooFastTim
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:30

Please disregard the previous post. I've just discovered the wonders of Feature Dialogs! However I'm still stuck with the same basic problem. Installshield needs to detect the OS and make only some features visable to the user (in this case whether an ISA or PCI card has been installed).

Natuarally any assistance or suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Thanx again.

Edited by TooFastTim, 12 June 2006 - 05:28.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:39

You can hide features using FeatureSetData with FEATURE_FIELD_VISIBLE. You may also want to un-select it using FeatureSelectItem. To detect the OS use the SYSINFO structure.

TooFastTim

TooFastTim
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 22:57

Hi Stefan

That worked a treat. Thanks very much.