This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ForcedReboot does not resume where it left

2 replies to this topic

visualtron

visualtron
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2001 - 10:05

Hi,

My setup includes a database server which needs a system reboot to continue.  I've place the ForceReboot Action prior to installfinalized, and set the conditions of all CAs prior to ForcedReboot  Action to "No afterreboot", i've also tried "afterreboot <> 1".  

However, my setup will go back to the start after i get to the reboot stage.  In fact, the application will loop the restart action.

I'm using Installshield Windows Installer 1.5.

I'm been trying to fix this for a week, read thru' all the articles, and forum posts on installshield support site, and installsite, but to no avail.  Had i created an installer application myself, i would have completed it by now.

Has anyone faced such a frustrating problem.  Reboot is a simple function, and installshield should consider
making this step as easy as possible.

Rgds,
Joshua

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 22:04

Try
Not AFTERREBOOT
- "Not" instead of "no"
-upper case property name AFTERREBOOT

visualtron

visualtron
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2001 - 04:25

Hi Stefan,

Thanks!  Actually, I used NOT, it was typo.  But I think it can work after I used upper case for property name, "AFTERREBOOT".

Rgds,
Joshua