This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Self Registration Problem

2 replies to this topic

jagdishprabhu

jagdishprabhu
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 05:06

Eariler I had a 3 application installation in one project(component based). Now I have isolated one of them with exact same settings. In this new project i have a file group whose attribute is self registering. But when i run the setup program, it gives me message box "One or more files did not properly self register" and it gives a list of dlls. My application does not run. These dlls are present in TargetDir and can be registered manually using regsvr32. Once registered, my application runs properly. What could be the problem? Pls suggest.

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 08:43

Are all of the files in the file group self registering?
If not, move them to a seperate group.
For debugging, try to register them in installscript and see, which of them refusses to install ...
Gruß / regards
Thomas

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 15:26

Take a look into the help file, there you will find some tips for adding selfregistering files.
Errors may tell you that a non-self-registering file was added to the file group or a dll needed by a self registering file was not present or ...
Gruß / regards
Thomas