This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Files not getting updated during reinstallation –

1 reply to this topic

vishwadeepak

vishwadeepak
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:35

Here I am facing issue during reinstallation of patch (says setup.exe). Below is the scenario -

There is product (suppose XYZ) that has been created using Wise Installer. Now I have to create another setup.exe using InstallShield X that just check if XYZ is installed then replace some of the files (dlls and exes) installed by this product XYZ by new version files (dlls and exes).

On first time installation using of setup.exe over installed product replaces the old version file perfectly. Now from Add/Remove program I uninstall the XYZ product. Then install the XYZ product again. Then I run patch ( setup.exe ) over it but this time patch (setup.exe ) is unable to replace the old version files of XYZ product by new version file.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 13:31

I'd say that what you have there is an upgrade, not a patch. Proceed accordingly.

- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.