This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MaintenanceType dialog after CancelSetup

5 replies to this topic

tktk

tktk
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 03:56

Hi everyone.

I think this is the bug of InstallShield, but I can get no information for the problem.
So can I have the information that you have the same situation or not please ?

Project type : Basic MSI (on InstallShield X)
Procedure :
Show MaintenanceType dialog after the installation finished.
Then push Cancel button on the dialog, and return by pushing "No" button on CancelSetup dialog.
Problem :
The icons on MaintenanceType dialog will no be redrawed partialy.

Regards.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 17:38

Looks like this is a bug in the Windows Installer engine from Microsoft. Have you tried with MSI 3?

tktk

tktk
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:48

Hi, thanks for reply !

I have tried MSI 3.0 and got the same situation (have not fixed).

I have tested by installing "Windows Installer 3.0 redistributable" into target system (Win2000 sp4) only.
My installer is not changed at all (use MSI engin on source media, version 2.0), because I'm not sure it is safe to install MSI3.0 on my develop machine.

I confirmed that MSI3.0 is used at installation from top line of the log file saying :
=== Verbose logging started: 2004/11/30 14:27:06 Build type: SHIP UNICODE 3.00.3790.2538 Calling process: C:\WINNT\system32\mshta.exe ===

nicole

nicole
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:47

delete "RadioGroup" 's property.Let the property be blank.Then it will be ok.

LouWho

LouWho
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 22:19

I just ran into the same problem in IS V9 Basic MSI. As soon as the Cancel dialog is displayed, the Maintenancetype dialog gets screwed up. I do not understand what the last lady is saying to do. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Lou

LouWho

LouWho
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 18:13

It helps to have a support contract. This was what was recommnded, and works, (I just did not understand the previous ladys comment)...
Please try the following:
1. Go to the Direct Editor view in the project.
2. Select the Control table from the center panel.
3. Locate the row that has the Dialog_ column set to MaintenanceType, the Control column set to RadioGroup, and the Type column set to RadioButtonGroup.
4. Locate the Text column for this row. Remove any value present from the Text column (the data should currently be {&Tahoma8}).
5. Build and test the project.