This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall still sees program running even after exiting it

1 reply to this topic

suvidha

suvidha
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 January 2002 - 01:38

My custom action at the time of Uninstallation checks if the application's window is still open (by using FindWindow()).....if it is then it gives a error message saying "Please close the application before uninstalling it" and process aborts.

Now, what is happening is that if i run the application and press on 'x' button to close the window (instead of 'Cancel' button)  and then i uninstall the application...it shows the dialog box which says "Program is still running..." and aborts!

But if i click on 'Cancel' button to exit the application and then uninstall it ...the uninstall process goes on smoothly and removes it all!

Please tell me if the error is in the application or in my .ism project.
And if it is an error in my ism project then what can i do to overcome it.

Note:
1. After pressing 'x' button to exit the application, it does NOT appear in the Windows Task Manager list of present tasks.

2. OS that i am running on is Windows 98.

Please help.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 January 2002 - 18:57

Looks like a problem in the application to me. Maybe it's not releasing window handles properly.