This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

error after moving project file to other directory

5 replies to this topic

Herbiek

Herbiek
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:47

Hi All,

I have a problem starting up installshield 10.5 after i moved the projectfile *ism to another directory.

I tried to move the projectfile from say: S:\installshield_projects\projectname.ism to S:\installshield_projects\projectx\projectname.ism

I tried this just by moving it by the windows explorer and by an "save as" from within IS. Both options gave me the same error twice after starting the project, that it could not find the Setup.rul file. It is expecting that the Setup.rul file is in the
S:\installshield_projects\projectx\projectx\script files directory which is not true!

The file (just as the the rest of the project, for example the directories Setup Files, Script Files, Media, File Groups and _ISUser.) is in the S:\installshield_projects\projectx\(script files) directory.

So i like to put the project *ism file in the same directory as the rest of the project directories/files.

I think it has something to do with the "predefined path variables". When i look at them (<ISPROJECTDIR> and <ISProjectDataFolder>) both of them pointing to the wrong directory.

How can i fix this? (i already tried to change type settings with the Direct Editor)..

Any help or directions are appreciated

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 16:02

If you want to change the relative path from the .ism to the setup.rul I think that's possible in the script files view.

Herbiek

Herbiek
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 16:17

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2007-04-13 16:02)
If you want to change the relative path from the .ism to the setup.rul I think that's possible in the script files view.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for replying
Can you tell me what the normal place of the *ism file is? is this place a fixed place relative to the subdirectories containing the Setup.rul file or can it be saved anywhere i like?

I allready tried to change the path where installshield should look for the *ism file but then building is still not working. It seems there are more files that not being found because of the double directorie.

Am i wrong thinking i can do a "save as" and that Install Shield will automaticly update the predefined path variables ? blink.gif

Thanks!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 17:12

If the .rul files are in the same relative directory to the .ism file I think it should work.

Herbiek

Herbiek
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:30

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2007-04-13 17:12)
If the .rul files are in the same relative directory to the .ism file I think it should work.

Hi Stefan,

As i described in my first message, the projectfile is not in the same relative directory but in the directory containing all my projects (directories). I like to place it in the corresponding projectdirectory but trying that was not succesfull up to now. Maybe you have a solution?

Thanks in Advance!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 16:05

In the script files view you could right click and select "insert script file"