This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Feature problems with advertising method

1 reply to this topic

StephaneG

StephaneG
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 21:20

When using transforms, every entries I add in HKLM\software\my_companyu_name\etc are not installed during a user advertised installation neither by command line switch (/ju) with elevated privileges or by assigning application to user in Active Directory. So I wondering when the user click on the shortcut for the installation if the local system account take really charge of the installation. If it is the case, what is the problem! It works fine when assigning to computer with the /jm switch or by AD. I validated that the system account have full control into registry keys.

Moreover, I noticed that within developer, when I have more than one feature let'say feature B(other than the main one), the information (components) within the feature B are not installed via Advertising with user assignment in AD. Howerver when moving those information related to feature B within the main feature the component are installed.

I looked into the log generated by the installation and fing nothing related.

Any advise

Stpehan G

StephaneG

StephaneG
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 16:10

I can pinpoint my problem but have no solution so far.

When using tuner and add some entry in HKLM\Software\CompanyName\ProductName\.... Tuner create a seperate feature for my new entries. When Using /ju for advertising or assigning application by user into the Active Directory when installing my app, it will display only the advertised shortcut. When clicking on my shortcut, only the feature related to my component is installed not all the feature from my project. Thats why the modifications are not installed because it is another feature. I have de same behavior into developer when adding extra features that no component within that new feature are advertised.

To bypass the problem i create a new shortcut into my new feature and when clicking the shortcut after a /ju installation, all my component within my feature are installed.

Is someone can give me some hints to bypass the problem without adding advertised shorcut !!!

Stephane Guilbeault