This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Update Service coming up when it shouldn't

2 replies to this topic

Arcangel_666

Arcangel_666
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 22:44

Hello all,

I'm having a situation where I rebuilt an install of mine with new files in an IS8 Installscript/MSI install. Changed the product code and package code and re-built the install.

Now, at the end of the install after the sdFinish Dialog box, I get another dialog title "Available Program Updates" saying that the "Update Service does not recognize this product" ...

The thing is, I specifically disabled the Update Service and it was never coming up in any of my previous installations.

Any ideas why this is coming up all of a sudden? How can I turn this off? Any settings in the direct Editor that I can verify?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:18

Looks like somehow you turned on the option to check for updates at the end of install. This is controlled by a property in Property Manager. Also make sure you really didn't include trhe update service with your setup, not even as a merge module.

Arcangel_666

Arcangel_666
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 15:37

Thanks Stefan,

I found that the Property which is being refered is "ISENABLEDWUSFINISHDIALOG". It is not enough to turn the value of the property from "1" to "0" ... you must actually delete the Property to get rid of the dialog box showing up at the end.

I'm still confused how this Property came into being... either way... glad I learned something about this for future reference.

Thanks again...

Nick