This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstallation

4 replies to this topic

rajkulkarni

rajkulkarni
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 21:48

One of the requirements for an installation that I am creating is that it doesn't first prompt me to uninstall the application. I then have to run setup.exe again to install the application. Is there an easy around to disable uninstallation upon reinstallation.

Thanks

Raj

rajkulkarni

rajkulkarni
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 22:26

Let me be more clear:

I want to disable uninstallation when trying to reinstall. I still want uninstall to proceed through "Add/Remove Programs"

Thanks

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 02:09

Look here for how to avoid maintenance mode.
user posted image

rajkulkarni

rajkulkarni
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 December 2003 - 16:36

Thanks, I found it very useful; however, I found some faults with it. If I want to add new files to the installation in a new component, the new files will not get installed. It seems that the new files have to be in a currently existing component. Let me know if you know of a work around.

Thanks

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 01:02

You're welcome.

In what context is this behavior you're describing? Repairing an existing installation? If so, that's true and to workaround it you need to get rid of maintenance mode entirely and go back a program-driven InstallScript like in IS 5.x. Look at this IS KB Article with the steps on how to accomplish this.

Edited by Taco Bell, 12 December 2003 - 01:02.

user posted image