This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

exec an installation - not waiting

3 replies to this topic

afonsoteixeira

afonsoteixeira
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 17:07

I having a problem with I don’t have a reasonable explanation.
I have created a self-exe file with PFTW for my Oracle 7 installation. The installation is working. I had some problems with it, but now its working. In my install I’m doing the file execution with an “exec action product bean” and I put the “wait for completion” to true. But when I execute my installation, the execution of the product tree waits for the PFTW unpack the file, but when it begin to exec the setup.exe the product tree assumes that the execution of the file is complete, and move on to the next feature.
I have no idea…

The package created by PFTW should take care of the problem of the “one file execution” for the package created…..

Was anyone had this problem???

Please give me some idea… I’m going mad with this….

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 12:03

Does PFTW wait for the launched setup?

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 07:09

I do know of other developers who have had a problem like this - the exe would kick of and the install would not wait.

The solution was to create another executable file that will wait for the install to finish, and this new executable will be executed from the main install.

Balachandar

Balachandar
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 16:31

Hi, Try this VB CA execution. To me, this worked and waited until the install is finished.

Set mwsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

mwsh.Run "Your exe", 1, True