This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SetupTypes in InstallScripts

2 replies to this topic

grumpy_mcclure

grumpy_mcclure
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 17:44

Back again, but with a slightly different issue from the same project.

I've created 2 different Setup Types in the project, and ensured that the standard "Typical, Minimal, and Custom" have been removed from the project. Each Setup Type is installed with different features, but I don't want or need the user to select them.

I want to prompt the user for their SetupType, A or B, then execute the rest of the installation. This is my complication.

SetupType A has a different feature set and requires additional information from the user which goes into the registry.

SetupType B is just a straight run through, installing the preselected features.

How can I make the script execute in this manner?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 19:34

grumpy_mcclure sent me the following questions:
1.) How do I define my custom setup types in InstallScript?
2.) Do I have to copy the files first before InstallShield allows the user input to edit the file (using FileInsertLine command)?
3.) How can I make the script execute in this manner using a SdSetupType dialog that I edited? i called it in the script but when I compile, it errors telling me that my setup types are undefined identifiers.

Here are my replies:

1.) you define setup types in the IDE under Organization > Setup Types.
You can select a setup type in your script using FeatureSetuptypeSet.

2.) You can only insert lines in an existing file. If the file doesn't exist the fuinction will fail. (what did you expect?) So you have to install the files before you can modify them.

3.) Sorry, I have no idea what's wrong with your script. I haven't even seen it. Maybe if you post the specific line of code that doesn't compile. (Pleease understand that I will not debug or re-write your complete script, at least not free of charge)

grumpy_mcclure

grumpy_mcclure
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 19:48

Thanks for the assist!