This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallShield 2012 Suite Engine Hangs on Win Vista

No replies to this topic

NickCook@AceCad

NickCook@AceCad
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:08

When i first tried to install Installshield 2012 Premier on my Windows Vista 32-bit as an evaluation copy in December 2011 it would hang at the end of the suite installation and you have to end task in task manager. However the installation appears to register itself as completed and all components are installed successfully, you are just unable to click Finish and the Cancel & Close button do nothing and you have to end task. (See attached picture 'Install Suite Lock.jpg'.)

It seems to install correctly on XP & WIN 7 both (32-Bit & 64-Bit) successfully, so i assumed it was only my machine and purchased the full Installshield product in January 2012.

However we now have customers complaining to us about the same issue on both (32-Bit & 64-Bit) Win Vista, with our Suite Installer. So i can only assume there is a problem in the Suite Engine on Win Vista platforms.

I have tried logging this error with Installshield support when i was evaluating the product but had no response. Has anyone else had this annoying problem and is there a fix to it.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Attached Images

• Install_Suite_lock.jpg