This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

running setup.exe

2 replies to this topic

kris

kris
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 December 2001 - 22:49

I am running my setup.exe from a cd-rom...the directory structure on the cd is as follows:

product folder
      3rdparty folder
             3rdparty stuff
      Misc. folder
             Misc. stuff
      setup.ini
      setup.exe
      ngmt.msi
manuals folder

this causes an error when it tried to copy the files in the CopyFiles standard action(error reads "Insert disk:  " ) and then my error log file says that it was looking for "d: gmt.msi" , when actually my .msi exists at "D:\product folder gmt.msi"

Why is this happening?  Is there something coded into the setup.exe that searches cd's SOLEY at the root drive?  When I put my setup.exe, setup.ini, and ngmt.msi all on the root directory of the cd, it works fine.

Also, it works fine EITHER way from a system disk or across the network....just not this one way from a cd.

Help?

Ralf

Ralf
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 16:16

Hi kris,
I have some problems with my Windows Installer Setup project too. Files are not overwritten, Message "Insert Disk..." ....

Is the error log file written during installation?
Where can I find the error log file after installation?

Thanks
Ralf

Ralf

Ralf
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 16:00

I found the answer for creating the log file in the FAQ-Section!
=> Add parameter "/L*v log-file-path" (f.ex. log-file-path = C:\LogFile.log) to the CmdLine-Parameter in the Setup.ini.