This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installed files not overwritten

2 replies to this topic

jeff_schindler

jeff_schindler
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 17:23

wacko.gif

I've imported an InstallShield 6.3 project into InstallShield Developer 7 which uses an InstallScript with a single program-endprogram script. The problem I'm having (amongst many others - I'm new to IS and man is it confusing!) is that when I install over an existing version of my product, the older files do not get overwritten. Note that these files are installed into the system folder (not sure if that has anything to do with it). I'm using FeatureMoveData to copy the files over and I've tried using the REINSTALLMODE property set to 'amus', to no avail. Is there a way directly from the script to ensure that all of my newer files get copied over the existing ones. Oh, and yes these files have versions in them. Any help is *greatly* appreciated!

HappyFunBall

HappyFunBall
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 14:47

Look for old junk references in here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs

You might set Shared to No for components that aren't.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:46

I suspect that your new files are being installed to some other location. Double check the destination setting of your components.