This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Windows Service problem on Windows7

3 replies to this topic

HänsG

HänsG
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 16:26

Hi,

using InstallShield 2010 I created a small setup that installs an .exe and a couple of .dlls, adds a shortcut to the desktop and installs and starts a Windows service.

The application installs and runs fine under Windows XP.

Under Win7 the setup seems to run fine, the Windows service is installed and starts correctly but I can only get the application to work if I start it via "Run as administrator". We need this app to run for all users. I suspect it's an issue with the privileges of the service but I haven't a clue where to start looking.

Can anyone help me on this? Thanks,

H.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 15:05

Does your application work on XP when you log on as a standard or restricted user (not administrator or poweruser)?

HänsG

HänsG
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 16:17

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your reply. I just tried as a standard user on XP, it shows the same problem.

Ouch.

I also found out today, that if I install the Service manually via command prompt everything is fine. Why isn't InstallShield giving me the same result? I'm totally confused.

Any help on this issue would be hugely appreciated.

Hans

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 15:14

I'm not sure. Compare the service settings when installed manually vs. installed with InstallShield. Maybe it's using a different account or some other settings are different?