This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to Change "Preparing Install" Dialog?

4 replies to this topic

Tyler Curtis

Tyler Curtis
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 19:40

I'm using a basic MSI installer and have changed the two bitmaps on each dialog by using 2 methods: 1.Using the Project Assistant -> Installation Overview and selecting the link on the top-left titled custom images, and 2. Have changed all images manually in every dialog and I still can't find or change the image in the dialog that says "Preparing to Install..."

Anyone know how to replace the generic IS bitmap in this specific dialog or how to access this dialog? It's not listed in the group of dialogs...

Thanks in advance!
Thanks!
Tyler Curtis
Craftsman Book Company

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 18:27

This dialog is displayed before your actual install starts. I think it's stored in setup.exe so there's no officially supported method to replace it. You could switch to "small initialization dialog" and maybe diaply a setup.bmp during initialisation.

Tyler Curtis

Tyler Curtis
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 18:42

Here's what I have found since posting:

Adding setup.bmp at the root level with setup.exe will use setup.bmp instead of the IS graphic when setup.exe is launched - although - setup.bmp will be centered in the screen and the "small initialization dialog" is offset to the lower right of the setup.bmp graphic.

Starting setup.exe /s suppresses (doesn't display) the "small initialization dialog" that is embedded in setup.exe.

Setting the "small initialization dialog" property removed the IS graphic and centered the rest of the dialog in the screen - a very nice work around.

Thanks for your help! smile.gif
Thanks!
Tyler Curtis
Craftsman Book Company

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 19:12

Great! I wasn't aware of the /s switch. Is there a way to put this in setup.ini so that it also works if you just double-click setup.exe?

Tyler Curtis

Tyler Curtis
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 20:26

I didn't find a way to get it to run from the setup.ini but I don't have any experience making those modifications. Setup.exe /s does run from a wrapper program in Shockwave that we use so I'll go at it from that standpoint too.

P.S. I found the /s option from a goole result that pointed to an archived, much older version of an InstallShield product. I wish I had thought to look in the IS12 help file under setup.ini (which I just found) - it's loaded with option switches!

Thanks again for the help! smile.gif

Edited by Tyler Curtis, 08 March 2007 - 20:28.

Thanks!
Tyler Curtis
Craftsman Book Company