This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

OLE DB wrapper/Driver for WI database

3 replies to this topic

jeff clark

jeff clark
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2001 - 18:00

Since the MSI is a database and Mircosoft's universal database access is based on OLE DB, is there an OLE DB wrapper or driver for the MSI database?

Interfacing to the API of Windows Installer would be simplified by going through an ADO recordset instead of the view - fetch and view - execute, etc.

sairam06

sairam06
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2001 - 21:34

Hello,

Is their and ODBC/OLEDB Driver for accessing the MSI Database Table directly from Visual Basic?

I need to write some application which query the msi database and obtain different information for validation/documentation purpose and writes to SQL Database before releasing the product. If any driver is available I can customize it for my requirements (Like Accessing Access database from Visual Basic)

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Lindz-

Lindz-
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 16:38

I'm really interested in this too, but for different reasons, and because of that any solution which fits this critera would be great for me.

I need to basically create a flow diagram or database schema diagram of my install, its a pretty huge install.

If Stefen or anyone else has a tool for this or an OLE DB driver I'd cry for it right now smile.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 August 2003 - 18:46

As far as I know such a driver doesn't exist. You'll have to use the MSI API/automation